50% Off Murder (Good Buy Girls, #1)
Author: Josie Belle
When Claire Freemont, one of Maggie Gerber’s friends (and a fellow Good Buy Girl), is framed for the murder of an old flame, Maggie knows that she has to do something before Claire is sentenced to a life behind bars.
Between working, couponing, and attempting to prove her friend’s innocence, Maggie has a full plate. Who would stab someone in the small, sleepy town of Saint Stanley, Virginia?
- As soon as I saw 50% Off Murder, I had to have it. It was love at first sight.
- Maggie has a great sense of humor and has been added to my list of favorite characters. Ginger made the list, too.
- Claire has a cat named Mr. Tumnus and the police still suspected her? Amateurs.
- I was hoping that Summer Phillips was the killer. Unlikable is an understatement.
- I like Sam. I’d like him even more as Maggie’s significant other.
- Although Maggie currently works for Dr. Franklin, I’m sure that he’d like to retire, and I hope he does. Maggie would love owning St. Stanley’s thrift shop, and I’d love the setting.
- What’s better than a book that you can finish in one sitting? Not many things.
- There aren’t any recipes at the end of 50% Off Murder, but there are tips for saving money, and I love a bargain.
- I’m excited for the other books in this series. Josie Belle (or Jenn McKinlay) is a new favorite.