Carrot Cake Murder
Author: Joanne Fluke
Carrot Cake Murder, the tenth book in the Hannah Swensen series, introduces us to more of Lisa and Herb’s family.
The happiness surrounding a visit from an unexpected family member turns to horror when Hannah finds his body, cold and covered in her carrot cake.
- I have so many other books to read and series to start or catch up on, but I can’t put the Hannah Swensen series down.
- After reading the previous book, Key Lime Pie Murder, I mentioned missing Moishe and his antics. In Carrot Cake Murder, Moishe is destroying pillows and waking up the neighbors. Ask and you shall receive.
- Lisa has never heard of S’mores?
- Learning about Norman’s past made him even more likable and human (as Hannah put it). He’s still one of my favorite characters.
- Norman bought a Kitty Kondo for Moishe. To make it even better, he purchased it in one of Hannah’s favorite colors. Mike brings Moishe a six-foot-tall flamingo that belonged to Ronni Ward. Based on these gifts alone… Come on, Hannah.
- The ending was exciting and one of the best in the series. The killer tips Hannah out of her canoe, into the water, and she has to try to escape/swim to safety. I loved the suspense.
- Delores was writing a book. Get it, Delores!
- Carrot Cake Murder includes recipes for Rocky Road Bar Cookies and Black Forest Brownies. I was drooling.
- Cream Puff Murder is one of the next books that I’ll be picking up. I have no shame.